Edwardian Wagons

Knuckles

Re: Edwardian Wagons

Postby Knuckles » Thu Sep 01, 2016 9:15 am

It can take me a full day to weather wagons as I try to replicate the way they weather in real life.
Add muck, wash it off, add muck, wash it off - repeat for ages varying shades and colours. Then dry brush, then little powder, then repeat everything several times. Works though.
“He who dares not offend cannot be honest.” Thomas Paine

http://www.shapeways.com/shops/sparksho ... eationsscc
Mostly offering Loco kits & bits in 4mm.

garethashenden

Postby garethashenden » Fri Feb 10, 2017 5:27 pm

I've been working on another Mousa kit, this time a GNR 4 plank open. It arrived unexpectedly a few weeks ago and I started work almost immediately. Everything went together without a hitch. I now have it painted and have started the lettering. I didn't see any GNR wagon transfers available and there certainly aren't any Pressfix ones, so I'm hand painting this one. It will need some touching up, but I'm pleased with it so far.

Last edited by garethashenden on Tue Oct 17, 2017 4:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

dal-t

Postby dal-t » Fri Feb 10, 2017 5:39 pm

Don't POWsides do GN transfers? I'm sure I found some a while ago - although if it proves they're only available in 7mm, apologies for yet another red herring (I tend to only do LNER & constituents for my O gauge stuff).
David L-T

Noel

Postby Noel » Fri Feb 10, 2017 7:36 pm

I'm not familiar with wagons of this vintage, but the geometry of the brake on the side with the left hand lever means that this side of the brake gear will not work, I'm afraid [the other one is OK].
Noel

Le Corbusier

Postby Le Corbusier » Fri Feb 10, 2017 8:25 pm

Aren't there some of the waterslide transfers that can be printed on? Perhaps you could make up your own transfers?
Tim Lee

Guy Rixon

Postby Guy Rixon » Fri Feb 10, 2017 8:57 pm

dal-t wrote:Don't POWsides do GN transfers? I'm sure I found some a while ago - although if it proves they're only available in 7mm, apologies for yet another red herring (I tend to only do LNER & constituents for my O gauge stuff).

They do a pack specifically for GN vans, although I expect that the large letters are OK for opens too, and the numbers could perhaps be chopped up and rearranged. The transfers are the dry-print kind.

martin goodall

Postby martin goodall » Fri Feb 10, 2017 11:11 pm

It has long been a source of frustration that the Methfix/Pressfix range of transfers never covered pre-grouping wagons of the LNER group (other than some Scottish companies).

There is an unmet need for a transfer sheet covering GE, GN, GC and H&BR, etc. etc.

billbedford

Postby billbedford » Sat Feb 11, 2017 10:18 am

Old Time Workshop do water slide transfers for the pre 1910 GN wagon livery.
Bill Bedford
Mousa Models
http://www.mousa.biz

martin goodall

Postby martin goodall » Sun Feb 12, 2017 5:15 pm

Thanks to Bill for drawing attention to these GN transfers.

Water slide transfers are variously available for several of the pre-grouping companies that later formed the LNER group, but you have to hunt for them from different suppliers.

It is just a pity that Methfix/Pressfix transfers were never made available for the LNER constituents, as they were for some of the pre-grouping constituents of the LMS and SR.

Return to “garethashenden”