Screw couplings

garethashenden

Screw couplings

Postby garethashenden » Mon Feb 20, 2017 6:09 pm

I am in need of a few screw couplings and I'm wondering what is available. I have seen the ExactoScale ones and the Smiths ones and I feel that I have heard of others. What is everyone's recommendation? I don't think they need to be working, but scale rather than over-scale would be nice.

Colin Parks

Re: Screw couplings

Postby Colin Parks » Mon Feb 20, 2017 6:18 pm

Hi Gareth,

Masokits supply very nicely proportioned etched screw couplings components. The catalogue is available here: https://traders.scalefour.org/masokits/

Colin

dal-t

Postby dal-t » Mon Feb 20, 2017 6:38 pm

If only there were a source that didn't involve printing out an order sheet and writing an English cheque - Michael's stuff is so nice, but his business practices are so 19th Century!
David L-T

Highpeak

Postby Highpeak » Mon Feb 20, 2017 7:02 pm

Gareth, if you want to try the Masokits ones I think I may have some left that I haven't assembled. They look good and go together well (recalling always that they are Masokits products), the reason I decided not to use them is my eyesight just isn't up to using 3 links in an operating session. I'd have to wear an optivisor all the time!

Let me know and I can put them in the post for you. Then if you think it's worth pursuing I will get out my quill and inkwell to send in an order since there are some things I am interested in and was planning on having them shipped to my mother's for collection in April.
Neville
If at first you don't succeed, try reading the instructions.

iak

Postby iak » Mon Feb 20, 2017 7:09 pm

Masokits couplings are very nice.
Use nothing else these days. :thumb
Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest
enemy of truth....
Albert Einstein

Perfection is impossible.
But I may choose to serve perfection....
Robert Fripp

https://www.facebook.com/groups/PadgateWorks/

garethashenden

Postby garethashenden » Mon Feb 20, 2017 7:17 pm

Highpeak wrote:Gareth, if you want to try the Masokits ones I think I may have some left that I haven't assembled. They look good and go together well (recalling always that they are Masokits products), the reason I decided not to use them is my eyesight just isn't up to using 3 links in an operating session. I'd have to wear an optivisor all the time!

Let me know and I can put them in the post for you. Then if you think it's worth pursuing I will get out my quill and inkwell to send in an order since there are some things I am interested in and was planning on having them shipped to my mother's for collection in April.

That's very kind of you Neville, do you have my address?

Highpeak

Postby Highpeak » Mon Feb 20, 2017 7:28 pm

I managed to find them in the jumble of part-used etch frets, there are it seems parts to do half a dozen. Rather than try to cut the fret up I'll just mail it to you along with a couple of the pencil leads. Somewhere I have the instructions, I'll scan them later tonight, the rest of the afternoon is conference call hell.
Neville
If at first you don't succeed, try reading the instructions.

David B

Postby David B » Mon Feb 20, 2017 8:01 pm

Iak (of this thread) wrote about the Masokit screw coupling back in 2011 here, in another place..

iak

Postby iak » Tue Feb 21, 2017 9:12 am

David B wrote:Iak (of this thread) wrote about the Masokit screw coupling back in 2011 here, in another place..

Dear me, I had forgotten that I had done that... :?
The joys of impaired cognitive function...
Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest
enemy of truth....
Albert Einstein

Perfection is impossible.
But I may choose to serve perfection....
Robert Fripp

https://www.facebook.com/groups/PadgateWorks/

Return to “Couplings”