Connah's Quay: The Layout.

jon price

Connah's Quay: The Layout.

Postby jon price » Tue Feb 19, 2019 3:20 pm

On the basis that if I have baseboards, (some) track, wiring, buildings and stock this must constitute a layout I hereby declare, after much prevarication, Connah's Quay open! Mrs Gladstone having cut the first sod, and Mr Gladstone having wheeled the first barrow some years ago. (Facilities under construction. May not match images in brochure)
P2190018.JPG

P2190021.JPG

P2190023.JPG

John Bateson

Re: Connah's Quay: The Layout.

Postby John Bateson » Tue Feb 19, 2019 6:41 pm

Would I be correct that the Buckley Colliery wagons have escaped to the LNWR lines for the picture. 8-)
Its slightly worrying that three schools in Buckley were built on top of old and very deep pits. Even more that the brand new surgery is built on top of the demolished school that was built on top of an old pit. :cry:
John
Slaving away still on GCR stuff ...
Avoiding the soaps ...
http://www.greatcentralmodels.co.uk

jon price

Postby jon price » Tue Feb 19, 2019 7:45 pm

Yes John. The Buckley wagons shouldn't be there. If they did get onto LNWR metal it would have been via the exchange sidings behind the station off to the right of the photo, and as far as I can tell they could only have been picked up by a train heading West so wouldn't make it on to the line to Chester. Mind you if the Irish Mail is delayed because of these stray wagons I think there will be questions asked in the House.

Knuckles

Postby Knuckles » Wed Feb 20, 2019 5:50 am

Looks like the quey just off from Knapford Junction (fictional but mapped out.)
“He who dares not offend cannot be honest.” Thomas Paine

http://www.shapeways.com/shops/sparksho ... eationsscc
Mostly offering Loco kits & bits in 4mm.
SCC Photon Resin Prints Price list
download/file.php?id=19320

jon price

Postby jon price » Fri Feb 22, 2019 1:56 pm

Bridge building now in full swing. Construction using Slaters plasticard sheets and rivets, and Evergreen plastic section. Archers resin rivets will be applied to the cover panel. The girder bridge at Connah's Quay is long gone, and I have located no photos of the outside, so I have used the bridge at Queensferry, the next station down the line, for which there is a photo, as a model. Adress ing John's concerns the LNWR line is here equipped with LNWR stock

P2220028.JPG

Return to “jon price”