GWR Goods hand barrow.

Craig Warton

GWR Goods hand barrow.

Postby Craig Warton » Sun Jul 19, 2015 7:55 pm

I am still plugging away on the wagons, having had a few things suggested to me about the vans. But, last night I felt like doing something different. Starting another big project is a no- no at the moment (discipline!) but I figured that something small would be acceptable. In my "to do" collection I have quite a few bits and pieces from Southwark Bridge Models and decided a hand barrow would be worth a go. About 1 finger singing hour later it was done. Still needs to be cleaned up a bit and needs the handles rounded off. I might have to do a seat next.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

DougN

Re: GWR Goods hand barrow.

Postby DougN » Mon Jul 20, 2015 12:20 am

Seriously small there Craig. I hope you had a good time putting it together! Sounds like you are firing down line of finishing off smaller projects... I wish I had the discipline to do this also .... things do get finished eventually.... :shock:
Doug
Still not doing enough modelling

Craig Warton

Postby Craig Warton » Mon Jul 20, 2015 8:24 am

Doug, I am trying to stay focussed an finish off goods wagons! The trouble is I get to a certain point and attention wavers. I have found myself looking at Mitchell and Finney kits (If you remember my photo on RMWeb, I have a few) as well as Coach kits. Anything in fact, but goods wagons. So i decided to have a small and easy to complete diversion. Worked a treat and I will now get back to the latest lot of wagons.

Regards,

Craig

David B

Postby David B » Mon Jul 20, 2015 8:39 am

That's lovely, Craig. I think the Southwark small bits are very satisfying to construct and useful as asides whilst doing other things. Every so often one needs a change and these small pieces don't take too long. Do you have any bikes to make? See if you can get the pedals to go round!

bike_4056crw.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Bulwell Hall

Postby Bulwell Hall » Mon Jul 20, 2015 8:47 am

Craig Warton wrote:I am still plugging away on the wagons, having had a few things suggested to me about the vans. But, last night I felt like doing something different. Starting another big project is a no- no at the moment (discipline!) but I figured that something small would be acceptable. In my "to do" collection I have quite a few bits and pieces from Southwark Bridge Models and decided a hand barrow would be worth a go. About 1 finger singing hour later it was done. Still needs to be cleaned up a bit and needs the handles rounded off. I might have to do a seat next.

Fantastic! Just needs painting in faded chocolate brown with the GWR roundel painted on either side!!

Gerry

Will L

Postby Will L » Mon Jul 20, 2015 9:10 am

David B wrote:That's lovely, Craig. I think the Southwark small bits are very satisfying to construct and useful as asides whilst doing other things. Every so often one needs a change and these small pieces don't take too long. Do you have any bikes to make? See if you can get the pedals to go round.

I'm sorry David but after the affair of Flymo's brakes, I'm apauled that you appear preprepared to countenance a model where there is the the total failure to model any brake gear at all.

Disgusted of Cheshire

PS not to mention the further absence of handlebar grips, and that the turn back on handlebars themselves are clearly too long?

PPS It is obvious that I'm joking.... isn't it?

Ian Everett

Postby Ian Everett » Mon Jul 20, 2015 10:17 am

David B wrote: See if you can get the pedals to go round!

bike_4056crw.jpg

It can be done -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=agwaGhMvC_E

Ian

David B

Postby David B » Mon Jul 20, 2015 10:21 am

Will L wrote:PS not to mention the further absence of handlebar grips, and that the turn back on handlebars themselves are clearly too long?

I hadn't actually thought about the handle bars, Will. It can be remedied quite easily with snips and grips made with a bit of tape. I'll look in to the matter of brakes, but I think we might adopt the Dutch system of back-peddling! I need to find a miniature Granville to ride this.

Anything else whilst I am at it?? ;)

Craig Warton

Postby Craig Warton » Mon Jul 20, 2015 10:46 am

David B wrote:That's lovely, Craig. I think the Southwark small bits are very satisfying to construct and useful as asides whilst doing other things. Every so often one needs a change and these small pieces don't take too long. Do you have any bikes to make? See if you can get the pedals to go round!

bike_4056crw.jpg

I do agree about the Southwark small kits, they are simply brilliant. I did not buy any of the bikes - something I will attend to now that they are in stock at Roxey. I did however, buy an ice cream delivery tricycle and I am currently doing battle with that. Looking good so far, some photos will appear as soon as it looks like a tricycle. I stumbled upon a website that shows one of them, it may be of interest to anyone else who wants to build one of these.

https://oldbike.wordpress.com/1920s-war ... -tricycle/

Some of these might be good for the goods barrow too!

http://www.rustystumps.com/products.asp?cat=42

Regards,

Craig

Simon_S

Postby Simon_S » Mon Jul 20, 2015 11:26 am

David B wrote:Anything else whilst I am at it?? ;)

Yes! You've got the front wheel reversed so the mudguard stay is where the forks should be and vice-versa :o

dal-t

Postby dal-t » Mon Jul 20, 2015 12:12 pm

Simon_S wrote:

Yes! You've got the front wheel reversed so the mudguard stay is where the forks should be and vice-versa :o

Oh, I assumed that was one of those springy beam suspension thingies. But I'm more impressed by the Maglev principle keeping the hubs and rims apart - must get some of those for my model cars to save soldering up all those spokes ... :twisted:
David L-T

David B

Postby David B » Mon Jul 20, 2015 1:01 pm

Simon_S wrote:

Well spotted, Simon. I wondered who would notice that. ;)

Yours,

George Mainwaring

DavidM

Postby DavidM » Tue Jul 21, 2015 2:27 am

Craig, it looks like the giant Echidna is lying in wait for the next barrow-man to come by. :?

Very nice work, both of you!

Terry Bendall
Forum Team

Postby Terry Bendall » Wed Jul 22, 2015 7:51 am

As has been mentioned, the Southwark Bridge range is now in the hands of Roxey Mouldings and we have persuaded Dave Hammersly to come to Scaleforum this year. It has taken him a long time to get the range ready for sale but he hopes to have most things available.

Terry Bendall

Steve Carter

Postby Steve Carter » Wed Jul 22, 2015 9:48 am

Terry Bendall wrote:As has been mentioned, the Southwark Bridge range is now in the hands of Roxey Mouldings and we have persuaded Dave Hammersly to come to Scaleforum this year. It has taken him a long time to get the range ready for sale but he hopes to have most things available.

Terry Bendall

That's great news, well done Terry!
Steve Carter

Terry Bendall
Forum Team

Postby Terry Bendall » Thu Jul 23, 2015 8:03 am

Steve Carter wrote:That's great news,

We do try to please. :D

One reason why Dave has been missing in the last couple of years is that his sales were down on the last occasion that he came. So as with all the traders at our exhibitions we need to patronise them to ensure it is worth their while to come.

Terry Bendall

billbedford

Postby billbedford » Thu Jul 23, 2015 8:24 am

Terry Bendall wrote:So as with all the traders at our exhibitions we need to patronise them to ensure it is worth their while to come.

Terry Bendall

I'm not sure that came out the way it was intended.....
Last edited by billbedford on Thu Jul 23, 2015 8:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

billbedford

Postby billbedford » Thu Jul 23, 2015 8:38 am

Terry Bendall wrote:So as with all the traders at our exhibitions we need to patronise them to ensure it is worth their while to come.

Terry Bendall

I'm not sure that came out the way it was intended.....

Craig Warton

Postby Craig Warton » Thu Jul 23, 2015 10:30 am

Terry Bendall wrote:
Steve Carter wrote:That's great news,

We do try to please. :D

One reason why Dave has been missing in the last couple of years is that his sales were down on the last occasion that he came. So as with all the traders at our exhibitions we need to patronise them to ensure it is worth their while to come.

Terry Bendall

Surely something like that might indicate a need to introduce something new to your range?

Having said that, I finally purchased a Metro earlier this year after about 5 years of contemplating. Dave was a very nice bloke to deal with. I want a few more of the Southwark GWR ballast hoppers so I will get them when rereleased. Oh, also a dlivery bike. David has made my mind up on that. :)

Andy W

Postby Andy W » Thu Jul 23, 2015 11:26 am

The Southwark Bridge range is excellent. It's good news Dave has rescued it.
Make Worcestershire great again.
Build a wall along the Herefordshire border and make them pay for it.

Return to “Craig Warton”