Coaches with wooden armatures

williambarter

Re: Coaches with wooden armatures

Postby williambarter » Thu Apr 14, 2016 8:54 pm

For cantrail strips, I use T-section brass, head out and stalk soldered to the top edge of the bodyside. That leaves a rebate that the roof can sit inside and covers any imperfections in the join. The bodyside needs to be reduced by the thickness of the stalk of the T of course.

Having used brass roofs with etched plank-lines on the inside to help forming, I was never completely happy with the outcome. But for the last couple I have glued (evostick) cartridge paper over the brass and found that gives both a good surface and a good thickness. With the adhesion between the paper and roof, and the edge of the roof concealed between the heads of the Ts, there is no need to fold the paper which I cannot imagine working very well.

William

williambarter

Postby williambarter » Thu Apr 14, 2016 8:58 pm

For good measure, here's a couple of coaches with the brass roofs between T-section cantrail strips and with 3D-printed roof furniture.

William
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

williambarter

Postby williambarter » Thu Apr 14, 2016 8:59 pm

And another.

dal-t

Postby dal-t » Thu Apr 14, 2016 9:18 pm

Is it still Panto season? Oh, well, here goes = "Oh no there isn't!"
David L-T

williambarter

Postby williambarter » Fri Apr 15, 2016 8:00 am

Sorry, trying again. The buffers are Guy's 3D printed.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Guy Rixon”