Clive Croome's LT colour light signals

James Moorhouse

Clive Croome's LT colour light signals

Postby James Moorhouse » Sun Nov 21, 2010 3:10 pm

Dear society archivist (or anyone else who may be able to help),

In 1982 Clive Croome was awarded the Brook Smith plaque for his work on model LT colour light signals.

In Scalefour News no. 35 Bryan Popkin reported that Clive had produced "two working models of standard 2 and 4 aspect signals, one fitted with a working shunting disc, based on prototypes at White City".

There is a further mention of Clive's work in Scalefour News no. 36: "His working model of a Westinghouse four-aspect signal was well concieved [sic] and executed and accompanied by a seven page description with drawings."

Perhaps the society has a copy of the seven page description somewhere in its archives that could be uploaded onto the society website? Or if anyone else has a copy, I'd be very interested to see it.

James Moorhouse
P.S. There's a photo of Clive Croome's signal in MRJ no.12.

dcockling

Re: Clive Croome's LT colour light signals

Postby dcockling » Mon Nov 22, 2010 1:50 pm

Hi James,
I'm afraid that I can't help with your question regarding the 7 page description. However although my records are incomplete as to when people left, rather than joined, the Society; I can say that Clive Croome (no2100) hasn't been a member since around 1989/90.

All the Best
Danny

Rod Cameron

Postby Rod Cameron » Wed Dec 08, 2010 5:37 pm

Unfortunately the Society archive does not possess those notes - however, like James I would be interested in seeing a copy if anyone has one.
Rod

Horsetan

Postby Horsetan » Tue Mar 27, 2012 1:47 pm

So would I.

The same Westinghouse signal heads would also be relevant to the Southern / BR(SR), as the head design was identical.
That would be an ecumenical matter.

Return to “Colour Light Signals”