Midland wooden buffer stops

Hardwicke

Midland wooden buffer stops

Postby Hardwicke » Fri Jan 27, 2017 9:51 am

Having found the article on Whitwell in Midland Record I built the Midland Railway wooden buffer stop. The real one still exists rotting away and damaged after Network Rail dumped spoil on it from a new communications mast.

Evergreen strip, Slater's Microstrip, Gibson brass wire.

Pic_0127_006.jpg

Pic_0127_004.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Ordsall Road (BR(E)), Forge Mill Sidings (BR(M)), Kirkcliffe Coking Plant (BR(E)), Swanage (BR (S)) and Heaby (LMS/MR). Acquired Thorneywood (GNR). Still trying to "Keep the Balance".

garethashenden

Re: Midland wooden buffer stops

Postby garethashenden » Fri Jan 27, 2017 3:22 pm

That looks very good. Quite similar to the North London Railway bufferstops I built.

Hardwicke

Postby Hardwicke » Fri Mar 03, 2017 1:27 am

The Midland also had a variety of sleeper built buffer stops. In overall space they are the same size as standard rail build ones including the bolted on parts.
This is a casting.
Pic_0228_002.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Ordsall Road (BR(E)), Forge Mill Sidings (BR(M)), Kirkcliffe Coking Plant (BR(E)), Swanage (BR (S)) and Heaby (LMS/MR). Acquired Thorneywood (GNR). Still trying to "Keep the Balance".

Hardwicke

Postby Hardwicke » Fri Mar 03, 2017 1:34 am

Master on the left. 3 cast stops to the right.

DSC_5564.JPG

Hardwicke

Postby Hardwicke » Fri Mar 03, 2017 1:37 am

A closer view. I've not cleaned the casting up yet.

DSC_5568.JPG

Hardwicke

Postby Hardwicke » Fri Mar 03, 2017 1:39 am

A better view of the earlier wooden one.

DSC_5572.JPG

Hardwicke

Postby Hardwicke » Wed Apr 05, 2017 8:55 pm

I've made up another wooden buffer stop in parts so I can cast it. I showed it at Scalefour North on Saturday. The sleeper built buffer stop has gone through a slight genesis and corrected the faults of the original master and casting.
I will be making them available soon.

Hardwicke

Postby Hardwicke » Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:02 pm

I've built up a representation of an Adlake buffer stop lamp simce Christmas too. Not sure if it will cast very well as it is small. I will try it.

Hardwicke

Postby Hardwicke » Wed May 17, 2017 2:38 pm

Casting buffer stops now. Wooden Sleeper built type. GER also had a very similar type. Anyone want one PM me. You have to add your own clinker on the top though.

Hardwicke

Postby Hardwicke » Tue Aug 22, 2017 2:44 pm

I'm selling the sleeper built ones on ebay now.

Return to “Hardwicke”