Midland Spinner

Hardwicke

Midland Spinner

Postby Hardwicke » Tue May 07, 2013 1:24 pm

The Midland Spinner that has appeared a couple of times at the Nottingham Exhibition has finally had the old paint stripped off from when I bought the loco and it has gone through the paintshop. It still needs a bit of work (worksplate and numberplate) and the tender is having a heavy overhaul - the side frames dropped off when the paint was removed !
It is not finished by a long way but I thought that some of you might like to see the progress this week. This is how is was a couple of weeks ago, stored on Kirkcliffe yard.
Spinner IMG_6715.jpg

First layer of Crimson Lake
Spinner IMG_6725.jpg

Covered in sellotape and the first black has gone on and one layer of tape has just been removed.

Spinner IMG_6727.jpg

A little touching up is needed and the rest of the running plate and splasher top needs painting.

Spinner IMG_6729.jpg

Glorious.

Spinner IMG_6730.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Ordsall Road (BR(E)), Forge Mill Sidings (BR(M)), Kirkcliffe Coking Plant (BR(E)), Swanage (BR (S)) and Heaby (LMS/MR). Acquired Thorneywood (GNR). Still trying to "Keep the Balance".

Andy W

Re: Midland Spinner

Postby Andy W » Tue May 07, 2013 3:52 pm

Nice. Possibly the most elegant locomotive ever built?
Make Worcestershire great again.
Build a wall along the Herefordshire border and make them pay for it.

David B

Postby David B » Tue May 07, 2013 5:18 pm

Ealing wrote:Nice. Possibly the most elegant locomotive ever built?

Is this a gauntlet I see before me? The Dean Single takes that crown.

3003-avalanche.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Hardwicke

Postby Hardwicke » Tue May 07, 2013 7:51 pm

I always thought the overlarge dome spoilt their otherwise graceful lines. ;)
Ordsall Road (BR(E)), Forge Mill Sidings (BR(M)), Kirkcliffe Coking Plant (BR(E)), Swanage (BR (S)) and Heaby (LMS/MR). Acquired Thorneywood (GNR). Still trying to "Keep the Balance".

nberrington

Postby nberrington » Tue May 07, 2013 8:13 pm

Gentlemen, gentlemen, please.....

NRM_CT_T3.JPG

http://www.google.ca/imgres?imgurl=http ... 2742_2.png

Chris Mitton

Postby Chris Mitton » Fri May 10, 2013 2:45 pm

Although, as a GER/GNR/LNER man, it sticks in my throat to say so, I have to agree with Neil that number 563 knocks spots off anything Midland Red or Green With Rivets. But then William Adams did go to the LSWR from Stratford.....

Regards
Chris

John Palmer

Postby John Palmer » Sat May 11, 2013 12:50 am

Ealing wrote:Possibly the most elegant locomotive ever built?

Challenge accepted.
Stirling_No__1_on_the_NRM_turntable_-_geograph_org_uk_-_1684419.jpg

Image Copyright Peter Langsdale. This work is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 2.0 Generic Licence.

DougN

Postby DougN » Sat May 11, 2013 1:19 am

Now that is one seriously nice loco... The stirling single always looked "decorative" with the lighting holes to the the main driver splasher.... I have some seriously old photos of the single in front of 4472 in an old book. Then there was one of my favourites in another book of V2 4771 double heading with 4472 which was another fav :D
Doug
Still not doing enough modelling

Return to “Hardwicke”