Yorkshire Engine DE2

Hardwicke

Re: Yorkshire Engine DE2

Postby Hardwicke » Wed May 12, 2021 7:58 pm

Does anyone have kit instructions? I still don't know which way the grill on the bonnet should be mounted.
Ordsall Road (BR(E)), Forge Mill Sidings (BR(M)), Kirkcliffe Coking Plant (BR(E)), Swanage (BR (S)) and Heaby (LMS/MR). Acquired Thorneywood (GNR). Still trying to "Keep the Balance".

Enigma

Postby Enigma » Wed May 12, 2021 8:13 pm

Have a look at this video Michael, a DE2 built by my mate Dave (Ruston on RMWeb)

https://youtu.be/UnXJFbMWdiM

Hope you can see what you need - and the video's excellent too!

Hardwicke

Postby Hardwicke » Sat May 15, 2021 6:29 pm

Thanks Paul, It looks like they run front to back parallel with the sides.I think it needs a bit extra soldering to the edge as it's a bit shy.
Last edited by Hardwicke on Sat Dec 11, 2021 1:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ordsall Road (BR(E)), Forge Mill Sidings (BR(M)), Kirkcliffe Coking Plant (BR(E)), Swanage (BR (S)) and Heaby (LMS/MR). Acquired Thorneywood (GNR). Still trying to "Keep the Balance".

bécasse

Postby bécasse » Sat May 15, 2021 8:23 pm

Hardwicke wrote:Does anyone have kit instructions? I still don't know which way the grill on the bonnet should be mounted.

The grill runs horizontally, the same as the grills on the sides.

Hardwicke

Postby Hardwicke » Mon May 17, 2021 8:19 pm

bécasse wrote:
Hardwicke wrote:Does anyone have kit instructions? I still don't know which way the grill on the bonnet should be mounted.

The grill runs horizontally, the same as the grills on the sides.

Thanks

Return to “Hardwicke”