Meeting report, November 2018

Moderator: Timara Easter

chrisf

Meeting report, November 2018

Postby chrisf » Thu Nov 22, 2018 4:55 pm

Eleven members attended the meeting at the Engineer, Harpenden, on 21st November. John Turner showed level crossing gates that he had designed in CorelDraw and had made by York Modelmaking. Chris Foren passed round a holding tool and a wagon body to which he hoped to introduce an outward bow. Tom Fawkes had produced the artwork for the sides of a GWR G58 coach at Missenden and showed the finished etch. Tim Easter passed round an LMS goods brake based on a much improved Bachmann product. Mike Morley showed the book “Plymouth’s Hidden Railways”, Alan Rhodes two Bachmann coach bogies in course of conversion to EM and John Hutchins a couple of GWR departmental brakes modified from Oxford originals and found on eBay. Discussion this time ranged over too many subjects to list here!

The Group meets on the third Wednesday of each month. The next meeting will be held on 19th December at a member’s home. Advance notice: the January 2019 meeting will take place at Ye Olde Fighting Cocks, 16 Abbey Mill Lane, St Albans AL3 4HE, from 2.30 pm with lunch available beforehand. This will enable music lovers to attend an organ recital in St Albans Abbey from 12.30 pm and the group organiser to give it!

Chris

Bernie

Re: Meeting report, November 2018

Postby Bernie » Wed Jan 09, 2019 2:59 pm

Would any of the group mind if I pootled along?

Happy new year,
Bernie

chrisf

Postby chrisf » Wed Jan 09, 2019 4:03 pm

Not in the slightest, Bernie! Our catchment area is deliberately elastic.

Chris

Bernie

Postby Bernie » Wed Jan 09, 2019 4:21 pm

I must have had a sheltered upbringing. Elastic catchment area's indeed! :o

Bernie

Postby Bernie » Wed Jan 16, 2019 8:08 pm

Thanks to all who made me so very welcome, lovely to meet you!
An exciting journey, utilising all the directional sense of a stunned hedgehog in the middle of the M6.
The chap with the lowmac(?) jobber had done a belting job of re-planking the load area.
Tim E. Stunning looking etch for a J50, I look forward to seeing that chassis running. I think it will be quite beyond me for a while, up there with Jeremy Suter's excellent railmotor. Very pleased re: collaboration with manufactory. Wheel, motor and gearbox all specified. Good stuff, indeed.

A very healthy turnout, a lovely crew, thanks again for the invite, Chris.

Anyone ever visiting ye olde fighting cocks; I implore you to try 'Black Listed' . I missed my train because of it, and as a result, I could only dream of an elasticated catchment area! Thankfully, a connecting train was delayed at Northampton, so good time was made.

ps. can someone in the know pm me Roger's(?) contact details re eyephone?

Bernie

Return to “Chilterns”