NE group faded away???

Yorkshireman

NE group faded away???

Postby Yorkshireman » Sat Jan 09, 2021 9:03 pm

I'm newly back to S4 after about 30 years.

I'm in the NE of England

Has this area group faded away, or just being very quiet in the forum?

Richard

Steve Carter

Re: NE group faded away???

Postby Steve Carter » Sat Jan 09, 2021 10:34 pm

Hi Richard
I have emailed you concerning this.
All the best
Steve
Steve Carter

John Donnelly
Web Team

Postby John Donnelly » Sun Jan 10, 2021 10:45 am

Until COVID came along, the group was still holding meetings at the clubroom of the Blyth and Tyne Club in North Shields although, due to their typical timing, I'll admit I've never been to one.

John

nigelcliffe

Postby nigelcliffe » Sun Jan 10, 2021 12:57 pm

Depending how "NE" in England, there is a Northumberland and Borders "EM" group. Covers a large sparsely populated area, and, in practise a wide range of scales and gauges: there are active Scalefour modellers in the group (and 2mm, narrow gauge, 7mm, etc.......).
Meetings when they used to happen typically used three village halls around the area.

- Nigel (Scottish Borders).

John H. Wright

Postby John H. Wright » Wed Jan 13, 2021 1:11 pm

Richard,
Greetings from the People's Republic of Northumbria. We indeed have a P4 Group here, but sadly have only met twice in the last twelve months due to you know what. We operate under the title ' North East Finescale Group' and include members of the EMGS, 2mm Soc. And Gauge O Guild as well as S4 Soc. since we are somewhat thin on the ground in these parts. In normal times we meet on the first Sunday of every second month beginning in February and so on through to December. And meetings are held at the rather splendid clubrooms of the Blyth & Tyne MRS in North Shields.
I can't see there be a meeting at least until April ( who knows ) but if you are interested in turning up then e-mail me and I'll include you in our mailing list and you'll get all the reminders and info as and when.

Best wishes,
JHW
Regards,
John H. Wright
http://www.xclent.freeuk.com
Modelling the Pennsylvania Railroad ( 1940s ) in HO and P87 and BR (ex.NER c.1948-50) in P4

Return to “North East Finescale Group”