Lower Quadrant Signal Sounds

Tonycardall

Lower Quadrant Signal Sounds

Postby Tonycardall » Thu May 05, 2022 4:13 pm

Does anyone have access to, or know where I can obtain either .wav or MP3 files of the sounds of a Lower quadrant signal slamming back to the ‘on’ position?
I’ve asked this on the forum previously but probably in the wrong section.
The sound of such is pretty iconic but I can’t find a sound file anywhere. I have a cunning plan that I’ve tested to play a sound file in conjunction with the operation of my signals but just don’t have the files.
The last resort will be to record it myself I suppose. :(

Porcy Mane

Re: Lower Quadrant Signal Sounds

Postby Porcy Mane » Thu May 05, 2022 5:24 pm

Tonycardall wrote: where I can obtain either .wav or MP3 files of the sounds of a Lower quadrant signal slamming back to the ‘on’ position?

The BBC has made many of its sound effect recordings publicly available for download in mp3 or wav formats. If this link works it may be a good start.

https://sound-effects.bbcrewind.co.uk/s ... al%20falls.

Barring that, if you're DCC able, certain sound projects have semaphore sounds included as one of the less gimmicky functions.

P

Tonycardall

Re: Lower Quadrant Signal Sounds

Postby Tonycardall » Fri May 06, 2022 9:51 am

P, thank you so much! That sound file sounds to me like an Upper Quadrant but will do perfectly for now. I’ve already spoken with four of the major DCC sound file providers but none could help. The guy at Legoman Biffo says that he intends to record signalling equipment, inside signal boxes etc. but it won’t be in the near future.
I can’t tell you how grateful I am.
Thanks again,
Tony

Return to “Semaphore Signals”