The Station Building

Will L

Re: The Station Building

Postby Will L » Tue May 13, 2014 9:08 pm

jim s-w wrote:Problem is, is that it's completely born out by the prototype picture!! Perhaps we could have a side by side comparison but I'm still of the opinion that the wills sheet would be, probably, OK for 7mm scale.

I've had said that the picture above, which is an end wall and has ten quoins to the eaves, showed that biggest size of stones in the wall are the same hight at the quoins (roughly). The black and white photo 3/4 view further back shoes much the same. On the picture of his build, he has 10 quoins to the eaves, and the biggie stones are the same hight as the quoins. What's wrong with that? Are we looking at the same pictures?

jim s-w

Postby jim s-w » Tue May 13, 2014 10:07 pm

The straight on one doesn't show the whole wall Will. The gate could be 4 or more feet high. The 3/4 view shows at least 12 quoins but again you can see the bottom of the wall. The model shows 9

in answer To your second question, in not sure!

Cheers

Jim
Jim Smith-Wright

http://www.p4newstreet.com

Over thinking often leads to under doing!

Tim V

Postby Tim V » Wed May 14, 2014 4:01 pm

Here is another picture of the end. However, I don't see a problem with what Dave has done!
Hallatrow early 1976 Lubitel 39-2.jpg

For those who know something of the history of my old cars, that is NOT my Anglia van!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Tim V
(Not all railways in Somerset went to Dorset)

Dave K

Postby Dave K » Thu May 15, 2014 10:17 am

Tim V wrote:Here is another picture of the end. However, I don't see a problem with what Dave has done!
Hallatrow early 1976 Lubitel 39-2.jpg

For those who know something of the history of my old cars, that is NOT my Anglia van!

Thanks for the vote of confidence Tim.

I like your photograph as it really shows the coarseness and texture of the stone.

Dave K

The windows, doors.....

Postby Dave K » Tue Feb 17, 2015 12:54 pm

Well as the winter modelling season is upon us I moved from the shed at the bottom of the garden to indoors and so have been doing less messy modelling. I decided it was time that the station building needed to progress - so it time for the windows and doors.

IMG 0682.jpg

IMG 0681.jpg

Next the chimneys.

Dave
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Dave K

.... and the chimneys

Postby Dave K » Sun Apr 19, 2015 10:30 am

Just a quick update. I have finally completed the chimneys for the station building. As see the chimneys on Clarke buildings are ornate so you can see they were made in many parts before being assembled. I have started work on the canopy skylight and have placed it to see what it will look like.

IMG_0118.jpg

IMG_0130.jpg

Return to “Dave K”