From the Carriage and Wagon works

Dave K

From the Carriage and Wagon works

Postby Dave K » Wed Aug 03, 2016 1:50 pm

It has been some time since I have provided a post but works have been continuing.

As the reason for building the Bristol & North Somerset Rly was to transport coal from the Somerset coalfield you can never have enough private owners wagons. The publication of "Private Owner Wagons of Somerset" provides one a list of possible wagon one can build.

thumb_IMG_0171_1024.jpg

The Lamb Brewery N°1 is a Slaters' standard 7 plank Gloucester wagon with POW sides transfers with an Exactoscale underframe and brake gear. This is believed to have been only wagon the company owned.

thumb_IMG_0173_1024.jpg

The T.R.Freeman & Sons N°5 is again a Gloucester wagon, but this time a 6½ plank with again POW side transfers and Exactoscale underframe and brake gear. Apart from the collieries Freeman's were the only company known to have privately owner wagons on the Camerton branch.

Dave

Guy Rixon

Re: From the Carriage and Wagon works

Postby Guy Rixon » Thu Aug 04, 2016 7:29 am

Nice to see some well-researched wagons. How do you rate the Exactoscale underframes?

Dave K

Re: From the Carriage and Wagon works

Postby Dave K » Thu Aug 04, 2016 2:10 pm

Guy Rixon wrote:Nice to see some well-researched wagons. How do you rate the Exactoscale underframes?

I like the Exactoscale underframe' and have built a number of wagons with them. At first I use there instruction when building them but over time have refined my building method to make things easier.

Dave

Return to “Dave K”