Norfolk and Suffolk Area Group

Moderator: nigelcliffe

nigelcliffe

Norfolk and Suffolk Area Group

Postby nigelcliffe » Mon Apr 21, 2014 5:21 pm

The Norfolk and Suffolk Area Group has been around for ages, but its online presence is limited, so I thought it time to create a new message/sub-forum for postings.

Meetings are typically twice a month, first and third Friday evening of the month.
First Friday is usually the "work-in" held at John Watson's house (maker of Laxfield and Kenton layouts) not far from Diss on the Suffolk/Norfolk border. Work is usually focused on the group layout, Coldfair Green. The layout started life as 2metre long station of an obscure and fictional GER backwater. It was an entry in the 1883 challenge. Since then, extended to 4 metres of layout plus fiddle yard.
Third Friday meetings move between member's houses with different topics. Shared transport is often available if arranged in advance.

Group organiser is Don Gilliland, detailed in the "blue sheet" for Society contacts. Alternatively, send me a message.

- Nigel Cliffe

Denis Perkins

Re: Norfolk and Suffolk Area Group

Postby Denis Perkins » Sat Apr 26, 2014 7:25 am

A timely message, Nigel.

When I introduced Honiton to the forum, Paul Willis urged me to make contact and I think I responded to say I would do this. I have in fact been thinking about it for years but my go it alone mentality always managed to overcome logic. Anyway now's the time - I will pm you in due course.

Denis P

Return to “Norfolk & Suffolk Area Group”