Wagons for auld wheels

iak

Wagons for auld wheels

Postby iak » Sat Jun 11, 2022 10:59 am

A new project, entailing the use of LMS/BR Medfits of varying vintages.
They will be loaded with worn agon wheels; in this case, represented by some Exactoscale beasties. The Exactoscale wheels are very nice but do seem a wee fragile for use on Mostyn. In essence, they are being recycled.
The below images show the current progress and more will be posted soon.

2022-06-08-17-35-26.jpg

2022-06-08-17-32-19.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest
enemy of truth....
Albert Einstein

Perfection is impossible.
But I may choose to serve perfection....
Robert Fripp

https://www.facebook.com/groups/PadgateWorks/

Triode

Re: Wagons for auld wheels

Postby Triode » Wed Jun 15, 2022 2:30 pm

Looking good. :thumb

What issues are you having with the Exactoscale wheels out of interest? The only real flaw I've found is that the small diameter axle can get bent when fitting to the wagon if not carefully handled. I'm happy to live with this though as the wheels and tyres themselves seem a lot more accurate and consistent with Exactoscale than most other makes.

Liam

iak

Re: Wagons for auld wheels

Postby iak » Thu Jun 16, 2022 7:55 pm

Triode wrote:Looking good. :thumb

What issues are you having with the Exactoscale wheels out of interest? The only real flaw I've found is that the small diameter axle can get bent when fitting to the wagon if not carefully handled. I'm happy to live with this though as the wheels and tyres themselves seem a lot more accurate and consistent with Exactoscale than most other makes.

Liam

Hallo Liam.
Basically, running around Mostyn is a long way and the wheels on all of our stock takes a hammering. The Exactoscale wheels look gorgeous but simply don't like the work they are expected to do...
I prefer Ultrascale and Kean Maygib for my stock these days. Robust and totally dependable.
Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest
enemy of truth....
Albert Einstein

Perfection is impossible.
But I may choose to serve perfection....
Robert Fripp

https://www.facebook.com/groups/PadgateWorks/

Return to “iak”