Arlington Colliery

A forum for participants in the Standard Gauge Workbench.
RobM

Re: Arlington Colliery

Postby RobM » Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:26 am

Suffolk Dave wrote:Rob, for a moment I thought your stationary engines were for the colliery pump house and then I saw the three-pinned plug! Nice work all the same.

It’s going to take some effort getting them through the doors of the buildings :D :D :D
Rob

RobM

Postby RobM » Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:35 am

Allan Goodwillie wrote:Hi Rob, :)

Your colliery is coming along in great fashion. I am back building again after a long period of covid difficulties and hope to get back to working on Scotts Road in the summer. I will post some photographs then once I feel I have made enough progress. I had always intended adding a colliery at one end, but now doubt I will have the time as I have other priorities in recovering my mainline layout after it was damaged by water two winters ago. My colliery would never be so comprehensive as yours or look so good. Scotts Road is in fact a distribution yard on a colliery system, the collieries being a short distance away. Busy building a couple of unusual locomotives at the moment. Both are well tanks built by Wheatley and running on his railway in the 1880's. I am hoping to have them both finished in about three weeks, providing my long covid allows.

Good to see you have been busy! :thumb
Hope all is well at home.
Allan :)

Hi Allan
Really good to hear from you and your updates, also thanks for the compliment. Glad you are keeping busy with the model work and hopefully that long Covid will rid itself. All is all well here at home, take care, bye for now
Rob

RobM

Postby RobM » Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:39 am

Terry Bendall wrote:Some brilliant work on the model engineering Rob and on the colliery layout. :thumb :thumb

Terry Bendall

Thanks Terry, pleased to take up the model engineering and now divide my time between model railways and the engineering.
Rob

Return to “Standard Gauge Workbench”