Mount Woodville Works

A forum for participants in the Standard Gauge Workbench.
RobM

Re: Mount Woodville Works

Postby RobM » Wed Sep 27, 2017 4:27 pm

Problem RSH at Scaleforum sorted......2 pieces of lead in the saddle tank had detached themselves with one of the pieces partially falling into the gear box causing a bit of jambing (along with the added problem with the brake gear which was sorted on site).....road humps in our village.... :evil:...Now running sweetly. As for the Ruston......needs a complete rethink......
Have just ordered some etches, cost £156, it is architectural, takes up 3 x A4 page size of etches plus brass milling and turnings, not saying of what yet......maybe the start of a layout or diorama or just making it for the shear hell of it....if you want to guess then write your answers on a £20 note and send it to me....... :D
Rob

DougN

Postby DougN » Thu Sep 28, 2017 2:39 am

Rob your very dangerous when you start building things just for the shear love of it.... I hope it is not the Bath Green park station over all roof :o :thumb
Doug
Still not doing enough modelling

RobM

Postby RobM » Thu Sep 28, 2017 6:33 am

Doug, no, nothing like that. I had decided that Mount Woodville would be the last layout, not really any room for another. So after Scaleforum have just sat twiddling my thumbs which is not me!! I have at least 18 months before the next outing so plenty of time to do some improvements on Woodville. I then found this kit which looks very challenging so had to go for it. It is indirectly linked to railways.........once I've built it I'll then decide what to do with it...........as they say........watch this space.... ;)
Rob

Le Corbusier

Postby Le Corbusier » Thu Sep 28, 2017 6:44 am

RobM wrote: I had decided that Mount Woodville would be the last layout, not really any room for another.

no no no no no :-o
Tim Lee

RobM

Postby RobM » Fri Sep 29, 2017 6:09 am

Manston Brewery could go and make room.........it only sits under a work bench in the spare room......never play with it.
Rob

Le Corbusier

Postby Le Corbusier » Fri Sep 29, 2017 7:03 am

Not only from a purely selfish standpoint would I be very sad not to be able to enjoy future layouts, I am also a big believer in the merits both psychologically and also from a broad future health standpoint of always having at least one project on the go at any one time. I certainly function better within this framework.

Not trying to be morbid ....and certainly not now referring in any way directly to you .... but on a general level, I have seen far too many friends in my parents generation over the years who for some unknown reason (not health related) have drawn a line under their doing years and then I have watched vital and energetic people go downhill rapidly ... where as the ones who always have a project on the go and a perspective stretching years hence just seem to go on and on!
Tim Lee

RobM

Postby RobM » Fri Sep 29, 2017 8:12 am

Le Corbusier wrote: .... but on a general level, I have seen far too many friends in my parents generation over the years who for some unknown reason (not health related) have drawn a line under their doing years and then I have watched vital and energetic people go downhill rapidly ... where as the ones who always have a project on the go and a perspective stretching years hence just seem to go on and on!

Could not agree more Tim. There is no way that I will be without a project and hence, after a few days 'recovering' from Scaleforum, this new project was conceived and is being developed.....where it will lead to ?.....not entirely sure yet but researching it is fun....and then when the etches arrive it will be out with the soldering iron. :thumb
Rob

Return to “Standard Gauge Workbench”