slow train... ?

andrewnummelin

slow train... ?

Postby andrewnummelin » Sat Feb 05, 2022 3:40 pm

Just some examples of how slow I can be!
P1030517.JPG

First loco is a Mitchell Design kit bought twenty five years ago - just waiting now for number plates and something to pull! (A chassis has been started... better not take another quarter century.)
The second one is the first loco I ever built - back in 1965 when I left school!
L1-000.jpg

It was "OO" with boiler mountings made by Bec Models, 1/16" brass frames, Terrier motor and 60:1 gears. Good slow, but noisy, runner.
By 1980 it was worn out and then damaged in a move to Brasil by which time I'd started in P4 so it was packed away for future attention.
L1-002.jpg

At last I've got round to rebuilding it. So it now has CSB suspension, Branchlines 80:1 gearbox, Mashima motor, DCC chip and Sharman wheels, so guess how long I've been planning the work! A bit of extra detail has been added, but no attempts made to bring it all up to the standards I would now aim for. Needs to be heavily weathered so that the lining is essentially no longer visible to fit with the only photo I know of the prototype.
Perhaps one day it will be joined by something else from the mid 19th century.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Regards,

Andrew Nummelin

Return to “andrewnummelin”