Search found 150 matches

by mike_t_norris
Tue Apr 26, 2016 3:18 pm
Forum: Fylde
Topic: Fylde Area Group (April 2016)
Replies: 0
Views: 844

Fylde Area Group (April 2016)

The 14th April saw the group meet with 9 members present, which included a couple of members who were regulars in the past, but who we have not been able to attend for many many months. A change in employment circumstances for Ian MacCormac may mean he will be able to attend more often, which would ...
by mike_t_norris
Tue Apr 05, 2016 5:48 pm
Forum: Fylde
Topic: Fylde Area Group (March 2016)
Replies: 1
Views: 1035

Fylde Area Group (March 2016)

The 24th of March saw the group meet with 11 members in attendance and no apologies. This was an exceptional turnout helped by a new member and two visitors. Our new member was Karl Crowther, guest editor for this months MRJ, the visitors both from different part of the country, with David Beal from...
by mike_t_norris
Thu Feb 25, 2016 9:20 pm
Forum: Fylde
Topic: Fylde Area Group (February 2016)
Replies: 0
Views: 884

Fylde Area Group (February 2016)

The 18th February saw 8 members present for the meeting and no apologies. As usual much was discussed including a first glimpse of Steve's new DJ loco the Adams O2 for his Isle of Wright layout, all it needs is a new chassis and we can run it on Preston! Graham also brought along a couple more locos...
by mike_t_norris
Fri Jan 29, 2016 12:04 pm
Forum: Fylde
Topic: Fylde Area Group (January 2016)
Replies: 3
Views: 1477

Re: Fylde Area Group (January 2016)

Thanks David, maybe one day I will get spot metering to work!
by mike_t_norris
Thu Jan 28, 2016 8:25 pm
Forum: Fylde
Topic: Fylde Area Group (January 2016)
Replies: 3
Views: 1477

Fylde Area Group (January 2016)

Happy New Year! Our fist meeting of the New Year was attended by 8 members, with no apologies. Graham brought along a number of locomotives he had purchased from the Allan Smith, who Graham knows from his days with the Craven Area Group. The Black Five, photographed below was built from a Gibson kit...
by mike_t_norris
Thu Dec 24, 2015 11:00 am
Forum: Fylde
Topic: Fylde Area Group (December 2015)
Replies: 0
Views: 1082

Fylde Area Group (December 2015)

The 10th December saw a very good turnout of 13 members and friends; with apologies from two. This meeting held at a local hostelry has become usual meeting for the exchange of Christmas cards, gifts and the list of meetings for the first half of 2016 and sparking off the seasons cheer. Yours truly ...
by mike_t_norris
Thu Dec 03, 2015 4:52 pm
Forum: Fylde
Topic: Fylde Area Group (November 2015)
Replies: 0
Views: 994

Fylde Area Group (November 2015)

On the 19th November the group met with only four members present and apologies from four, with various health issues making for a low turnout. Peter brought along a vast array of about 10 Great Western Coaches, which will need a good photography session in the New Year so they can be presented here...
by mike_t_norris
Wed Oct 21, 2015 12:42 pm
Forum: Fylde
Topic: Fylde Area Group (October 2015)
Replies: 0
Views: 1117

Fylde Area Group (October 2015)

The 15th October saw us join forces with the Craven & Ribble EM Gauge Area Group at Newton-in-Bowland village hall. Originally there were planned to be three EM gauge layouts, but due to illness this came down to two, Karl Crowther’s ‘Hebble Vale Goods’ a lovely rendition of a northern mill land...
by mike_t_norris
Thu Oct 08, 2015 10:37 am
Forum: Fylde
Topic: Fylde Area Group (September 2015)
Replies: 0
Views: 1007

Fylde Area Group (September 2015)

On the 24th September we meet for our usual meeting, with eight members present and no apologies. Apart from the usual chatter there were a couple of visiting engines, still under construction or modification so we will see in November if these are nearer completion. Our next meeting is a mini-fora ...
by mike_t_norris
Mon Sep 07, 2015 2:13 pm
Forum: Fylde
Topic: Fylde Area Group (August 2015)
Replies: 0
Views: 1001

Fylde Area Group (August 2015)

The first meeting after the summer break was on the 20th August. There were six members present with apologies from two. Unfortunately there is not much to report at this meeting, Richard brought along a couple of Standards he is working on, for a brief run around. Much time was spent talking mainly...
by mike_t_norris
Tue Jun 23, 2015 8:41 pm
Forum: East Midlands Area Group
Topic: AGM 20 JUNE 2015 DERBY
Replies: 20
Views: 5149

Re: AGM 20 JUNE 2015 DERBY

From those of us from the Fylde AG, who attended last Saturday, I would like to say 'Thank you' for arranging an excellent day. We thoroughly enjoyed the entertainment and the company.
by mike_t_norris
Tue Jun 23, 2015 8:39 pm
Forum: Fylde
Topic: Fylde Area Group (June 2015)
Replies: 0
Views: 1117

Fylde Area Group (June 2015)

The meeting of the 18th June was attended by eight members with apologies received from two, another good attendance. Peter and Tony both brought along items, Peter a rake of six almost finished GWR coaches made from various cut and shut parts of Ratio and very nice they looked. One of my Comet base...
by mike_t_norris
Thu May 28, 2015 7:46 pm
Forum: Fylde
Topic: Fylde Area Group (May 2015)
Replies: 0
Views: 1040

Fylde Area Group (May 2015)

This months meeting is back to its usual time in the month. We had eight members present and received apologies from two. Richard brought along his lever frame and a Standard class 4 which he is currently building for a test run. This gave us an insight into his building/powering techniques of tende...
by mike_t_norris
Fri May 01, 2015 2:28 pm
Forum: Fylde
Topic: Fylde Area Group (9th April 2015)
Replies: 0
Views: 1065

Fylde Area Group (9th April 2015)

We had a good turn out for our April meeting with 8 members present and apologies from two. We also welcomed a new member to both the society and the group, Clive seemed to get on well with everyone and I managed to show him some of the newer track offerings currently available. He did mention that ...
by mike_t_norris
Tue Mar 17, 2015 11:48 am
Forum: Fylde
Topic: Fylde Area Group (12th March 2015)
Replies: 0
Views: 1021

Fylde Area Group (12th March 2015)

We had a good turn out at our usual ‘Run & Natter’ meeting with 10 members present and apologies from one. Another mixed bag of discussions, but nothing new to run, so I was left to give some of my steam locomotives a good run. Graham had brought along a cheap Android phone to connect to the Wif...
by mike_t_norris
Sat Feb 28, 2015 7:36 pm
Forum: Fylde
Topic: Fylde Area Group (February 2015)
Replies: 0
Views: 1176

Fylde Area Group (February 2015)

The 12th February was attended by eight members with apologies from two. The evening was the usual mix of a bit of running and lot of chatter! Ian brought along a couple of tiny industrial locos to give them a ‘loosen up’, they apparently hadn’t run since the last time they came to Preston some poin...
by mike_t_norris
Thu Jan 22, 2015 10:56 am
Forum: Fylde
Topic: Fylde Area Group (January 2015)
Replies: 0
Views: 1074

Fylde Area Group (January 2015)

The 15th January saw a strong turnout of 10 members with apologies from two, a great start to the New Year, especially given the weather. Amongst those present were a couple of members who for various reasons have not been able to visit for a couple of years and what is more they seem set on coming ...
by mike_t_norris
Mon Dec 15, 2014 3:47 pm
Forum: Fylde
Topic: Fylde Area Group (December 2014)
Replies: 0
Views: 1111

Fylde Area Group (December 2014)

The 11th December saw a very good turnout of 13 members and friends; unfortunately Jim Lord was yet again defeated by the weather. As has become usual for this meeting an exchange of Christmas cards, gifts and the list of meetings for the first half of 2015 sparked of the seasons cheer, the bar prov...
by mike_t_norris
Mon Dec 08, 2014 11:37 am
Forum: Fylde
Topic: Fylde Area Group (November 2014)
Replies: 0
Views: 915

Fylde Area Group (November 2014)

The 20th November saw another good meeting with eight members present, adding my apologies for this late post. There were a few visiting locomotives, with a fine Highland Ben, on a test run after visiting the workshops of John James, destined for the layout of Mark Tatlow. This was followed by Richa...
by mike_t_norris
Sat Nov 08, 2014 8:58 pm
Forum: Fylde
Topic: Fylde Area Group (October 2014)
Replies: 8
Views: 3169

Re: Fylde Area Group (October 2014)

Thanks for you kind comment, well all I can say is start as you mean to go on ;-}

Looking forward to having your group visit next month - see you then.
by mike_t_norris
Tue Nov 04, 2014 3:17 pm
Forum: Fylde
Topic: Fylde Area Group (October 2014)
Replies: 8
Views: 3169

Re: Fylde Area Group (October 2014)

Thank You, Howard, Colin and Keith, for your kind words. Just wish I could get to more of the buildings, although I am not sure about the Stirrup catch handles, they were a bit of a pin to glue on, don't really fancy that on a box with 162 levers! Just a bit of background in case you are interested,...
by mike_t_norris
Mon Nov 03, 2014 10:21 pm
Forum: Fylde
Topic: Fylde Area Group (October 2014)
Replies: 8
Views: 3169

Fylde Area Group (October 2014)

The 23rd October saw a good turnout of eight members, with apologies from one. Richard brought along a couple of engines for a re-test after some minor modifications, a Standard 4 2-6-0 and a Standard 3 2-6-2T both performed well given a nice long train to haul. He also brought along a bracket signa...
by mike_t_norris
Mon Sep 29, 2014 3:21 pm
Forum: Fylde
Topic: Fylde Area Group (September 2014)
Replies: 0
Views: 1052

Fylde Area Group (September 2014)

The 18th of September saw eight members present and apologies from two. As usual much was discussed including Richards technical problems with direction settings on Lenz LH80’s which have subsequently been resolved. Along with various other electrical issues some of which remain to be sorted. The us...
by mike_t_norris
Fri Sep 12, 2014 5:32 pm
Forum: Fylde
Topic: Fylde Area Group (August 2014)
Replies: 0
Views: 1011

Fylde Area Group (August 2014)

The 21st of August saw a small group meet for the first meeting after the summer recess. There were five members present, with apologies from five others. As usual a variety of topics were discussed and Richard brought along a reworked 4-4-0 but it sill seems to have a few minor problems. The sessio...
by mike_t_norris
Mon Jun 23, 2014 5:50 pm
Forum: Fylde
Topic: Fylde Area Group (June 2014)
Replies: 0
Views: 1088

Fylde Area Group (June 2014)

The 19th June was our latest meeting with nine member present and apologies from two, another good turnout. The apologies came from Steve who was planning to visit the AGM whilst away on business and Bob Ellis who unfortunately has been advised not to drive whilst he undergoes treatment for a heart ...

Go to advanced search