Search found 150 matches

by mike_t_norris
Mon May 07, 2018 6:30 pm
Forum: Fylde
Topic: Fylde Area Group (April 2018)
Replies: 3
Views: 1469

Fylde Area Group (April 2018)

The 19th April saw the group meet with seven members present and apologies from four. On the whole a fairly quiet evening, with little to report save for the fact that I had purchased a number of local signal box diagrams, which are now adoring the railway room. Below are posted some photographs fro...
by mike_t_norris
Wed Apr 11, 2018 1:05 pm
Forum: Fylde
Topic: Fylde Area Group (March 2018)
Replies: 0
Views: 834

Fylde Area Group (March 2018)

The 15th march saw the group meet with a strong attendance of 11 members and friends, and apologies from one. A number of interesting topics were discussed; include some seriously off topic but interesting all the same. One of our members, Terry Beddoes is a veteran of the Falklands conflict and vis...
by mike_t_norris
Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:38 pm
Forum: Fylde
Topic: Fylde Area Group (February 2018)
Replies: 0
Views: 666

Fylde Area Group (February 2018)

The 15th February saw the group meeting, with seven members present and apologies from three. As usual it was a general chat, with many topics under discussion, Richard brought along his Standard 3 tank, build from a heavily modified and stretched Triang body. The chassis I think was a Kemilway (but...
by mike_t_norris
Fri Feb 02, 2018 7:43 pm
Forum: Fylde
Topic: Fylde Area Group (January 2018)
Replies: 0
Views: 601

Fylde Area Group (January 2018)

The 18th of January meeting had a good turnout of 9 members with apologies from four others. It was a general chit-chat and as usual much was discussed, a couple of trial running’s occurred and hopefully next time might see the finished products, so it’s a brief report this time. The next meeting is...
by mike_t_norris
Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:33 pm
Forum: Fylde
Topic: Fylde Area Group (December 2017)
Replies: 0
Views: 692

Fylde Area Group (December 2017)

The 7th December saw a very good turnout of 15 members and friends and apologies from two. Yours truly provided a photographic presentation of my visits to various locations, including several signal boxes over the year, but instead of the usual December to December, I had to extend it from November...
by mike_t_norris
Mon Nov 27, 2017 3:50 pm
Forum: Fylde
Topic: Fylde Area Group (November 2017)
Replies: 0
Views: 679

Fylde Area Group (November 2017)

On the 17th November we held our usual meeting with six members present and apologies from five. Amongst the apologies was one from Peter Sutherland who was waiting for admission to hospital for a by-pass operation, which unfortunately developed into a serious condition resulting him being rushed in...
by mike_t_norris
Mon Nov 06, 2017 4:19 pm
Forum: Fylde
Topic: Fylde Area Group (October 2017)
Replies: 0
Views: 665

Fylde Area Group (October 2017)

The October meeting was a combined meeting between the Craven and Ribble EM Gauge group and the Fylde Scalefour Group. It was quite diverse but interesting meeting with trams and live steam represented, signalling with the L&Y Society signalling steward, Three Score Vale and layout on and an Iro...
by mike_t_norris
Wed Sep 20, 2017 3:37 pm
Forum: Fylde
Topic: Fylde Area Group (September 2017)
Replies: 0
Views: 752

Fylde Area Group (September 2017)

September was a rather poorly attended meeting with only four members present and apologies from three. This meant that conveying details for the October meeting, the Expo-Bowland event could not be finalised on the night, and has involved a series of emails to establish who will be able to attend o...
by mike_t_norris
Mon Sep 11, 2017 12:19 pm
Forum: Fylde
Topic: Fylde Area Group (August 2017)
Replies: 0
Views: 704

Fylde Area Group (August 2017)

August was another fairly quiet meeting with seven members present and apologies from five, one of whom had reported a broken knee since the last meeting, so it will be time before we see Ian MacCormac at the meetings, we wish him a speedy recovery. Also we had one regular member who failed to turn ...
by mike_t_norris
Tue Aug 01, 2017 3:30 pm
Forum: Fylde
Topic: Fylde Area Group (July 2017)
Replies: 0
Views: 705

Fylde Area Group (July 2017)

The 20th July saw a small number with only five members present and apologies from 7, including one who was stuck on the motorway and couldn’t even get home let alone get to the meeting. This did prompt a discussion on the fact that next year it would make sense to have a summer recess, with a gap a...
by mike_t_norris
Mon Jul 10, 2017 5:26 pm
Forum: Fylde
Topic: Fylde Area Group (June 2017)
Replies: 0
Views: 776

Fylde Area Group (June 2017)

The 15th June saw 10 members present at Tony Miller’s layout Lowton Saint Mary. Unfortunately due to an unplanned change to my visit to York Rail Operating Centre, I was away in York that day; it was fortunate that Tony was hosting the meeting and so avoided a last minute change of date. So I do not...
by mike_t_norris
Mon Jun 05, 2017 11:19 am
Forum: Fylde
Topic: Fylde Area Group (May 2017)
Replies: 0
Views: 706

Fylde Area Group (May 2017)

The 18th May found the group meeting with 9 members present and apologies from 4, a good turnout. Tony brought along a mixed freight train and some very nice wagons, which I have included a couple of photos below. He is progressing well despite his disability. We had the usual mix of discussions, in...
by mike_t_norris
Tue May 09, 2017 10:39 am
Forum: Fylde
Topic: Fylde Area Group (April 2017)
Replies: 0
Views: 673

Fylde Area Group (April 2017)

The 27th April saw a very strong turnout of 10 members, including one new member Terry Beddoes. Hopefully he enjoyed the evening and will be joining us again; he brought along a Great Western 14XX and was looking for options of how to provide pick-ups for it. Needless to say that is one of the group...
by mike_t_norris
Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:52 am
Forum: Fylde
Topic: Fylde Area Group (March 2017)
Replies: 0
Views: 696

Fylde Area Group (March 2017)

The 16th March saw an incredible turnout of 11 member and friends, with apologies from 2. It was good to see a couple of members Arthur Kimber and Ian Mac Cormac, who have been absent for so long due to various reasons. It allowed time for everyone to catch up and hear what has happened. Hopefully t...
by mike_t_norris
Sat Mar 04, 2017 3:59 pm
Forum: Fylde
Topic: Fylde Area Group (February 2017)
Replies: 3
Views: 1203

Re: Fylde Area Group (February 2017)

Glad to hear it did not prove to be a major problem.
Are you going to risk it again next month?
by mike_t_norris
Wed Mar 01, 2017 12:18 pm
Forum: Fylde
Topic: Fylde Area Group (February 2017)
Replies: 3
Views: 1203

Fylde Area Group (February 2017)

The 16th February found 9 members present with apologies from two friends and members; it was a good turnout for this time of year. Also we had a fine selection of stock to run, Richard Dunning brought along his BR standard along with a complete train which provided a nice test rake, but unfortunate...
by mike_t_norris
Mon Dec 19, 2016 2:06 pm
Forum: Fylde
Topic: Fylde Area Group (January 2017)
Replies: 0
Views: 763

Fylde Area Group (January 2017)

The 12th of January saw a good turnout of 8 members, with apologies from 4, as snow was threatened and couple of our more distant visitor decided not to risk the journey. Martins work commitments had kept him a way for a long period, so it was good to see him after such a time. The meeting was a fai...
by mike_t_norris
Mon Dec 19, 2016 2:04 pm
Forum: Fylde
Topic: Fylde Area Group (December 2016)
Replies: 0
Views: 708

Fylde Area Group (December 2016)

The 10th December saw a very good turnout of 13 members and friends. Yours truly provided a photographic presentation of my visits to various locations, including several signal boxes over the year, but instead of the usual December to December, I had to curtail it to November and even then the pres...
by mike_t_norris
Tue Dec 06, 2016 4:30 pm
Forum: Fylde
Topic: Fylde Area Group (November 2016)
Replies: 0
Views: 757

Fylde Area Group (November 2016)

The 17th November saw a good turnout of 11 members, with apologies from 1 visitor. Hopefully this was because everyone wanted a place at the Christmas Hotpot Supper, which likewise has been well subscribed. The usual vast array of topics were discussed, too many to list and also a few items of stock...
by mike_t_norris
Mon Nov 07, 2016 4:32 pm
Forum: Fylde
Topic: Fylde Area Group (October 2016)
Replies: 0
Views: 870

Fylde Area Group (October 2016)

On the 29th October a number of groups assembled in Newton-by-Bowland Village Hall for a mini-forum. The groups involved included EM and Scalefour groups from Cumbria, West Yorkshire and Craven groups. In total about 50 people attended, with 10 members representing the Fylde area group, a good atten...
by mike_t_norris
Tue Sep 27, 2016 7:49 pm
Forum: Fylde
Topic: Fylde Area Group (September 2016)
Replies: 0
Views: 860

Fylde Area Group (September 2016)

The 15th saw nine members present with apologies from two. Early evening was spent discussing who was going to Scaleforum, it seems that these days many prefer to stay over close to the venue, rather put up with the delays attempting to travel up and down the M6 in the day. Although lack of planning...
by mike_t_norris
Mon Aug 29, 2016 10:33 am
Forum: Fylde
Topic: Fylde Area Group (August 2016)
Replies: 0
Views: 930

Fylde Area Group (August 2016)

This month’s meeting was attended by six members and one visitor, not a bad attendance for the height of the holiday season. Apologies were received from five. A number of items were brought along including a chassis Richard is working on, which unfortunately I did not photograph and now cannot reme...
by mike_t_norris
Tue Aug 02, 2016 5:35 pm
Forum: Fylde
Topic: Fylde Area Group (July 2016)
Replies: 0
Views: 834

Fylde Area Group (July 2016)

This month’s meeting was attended by seven members, with apologies from five, a good turnout for the holiday period. As usual the range of topics discussed was vast, with some time spent putting the world to ‘rights’. There were a few visiting items of stock, Karl was keen to try out some six-wheel ...
by mike_t_norris
Tue Jun 28, 2016 12:31 pm
Forum: Fylde
Topic: Fylde Area Group (June 2016)
Replies: 0
Views: 940

Fylde Area Group (June 2016)

This month our meeting was at the home of one of our members, to see progress on his embryonic layout of Lowton St. Marys (the junction on the Great Central line to St Helens and Wigan Central). The night was well attended and included members of the Manchester EM Gauge group, 11 members and visitor...
by mike_t_norris
Tue May 31, 2016 1:35 pm
Forum: Fylde
Topic: Fylde Area Group (May 2016)
Replies: 0
Views: 970

Fylde Area Group (May 2016)

Our meeting this month was attended by seven members, with apologies from three, with David Beale making the journey again from Penrith. There were a number of visiting engines and stock, with David bringing his Watford Tank and cattle wagons. This was followed by one of John James’s current project...

Go to advanced search