Search found 159 matches

by mike_t_norris
Mon Apr 12, 2021 1:57 pm
Forum: Fylde
Topic: Fylde Area Group (March 2021)
Replies: 0
Views: 167

Fylde Area Group (March 2021)

Thursday 18th March saw the Group meet via Zoom; we had 11 members on-line and apologies from one. This was another great turnout for this time of year. A number of members presented their current projects including Peter Sutherland, with a rake of coaches of Roxey and Mallard parentage but as usual...
by mike_t_norris
Mon Mar 01, 2021 8:22 pm
Forum: Fylde
Topic: Fylde Area Group (February 2021)
Replies: 0
Views: 399

Fylde Area Group (February 2021)

Thursday 18th February saw our second Zoom meeting of the New Year, with 11 members present and apologies from one. This is a great turnout for this time of year. The usual wide range of topics discussed included tree making with Peter Sutherland and the use of postiche to get a light airy feel, for...
by mike_t_norris
Mon Feb 15, 2021 2:49 pm
Forum: Fylde
Topic: Fylde Area Group (January 2021)
Replies: 0
Views: 453

Fylde Area Group (January 2021)

On Thursday 21st January I arranged a meeting by Zoom. The November and December meetings had been arranged by Karl, for which I am thankful; I was not available for those meetings. The January Meeting was attended by nine members with apologies from two. We had the usual varied mix of discussion, w...
by mike_t_norris
Mon Nov 09, 2020 7:08 pm
Forum: Fylde
Topic: Fylde Area Group (October 2020)
Replies: 0
Views: 1282

Fylde Area Group (October 2020)

On Thursday 15th October we arranged a meeting by Zoom for the group. The meeting was attended by eight members, with apologies from two. Several members had projects to show, Richard had photographs to share of his Standard 5 with BR1C tender demonstrating his first foray into using weathering powd...
by mike_t_norris
Thu Oct 08, 2020 2:10 pm
Forum: Fylde
Topic: Fylde Area Group (September 2020)
Replies: 0
Views: 1260

Fylde Area Group (September 2020)

On Thursday 17th September we arranged a meeting via Zoom for the group. The meeting was attended by seven members with apologies from four, more in line with a normal meeting attendance. Some interesting topics were discussed, starting with a very entertaining presentation by our newest member Geof...
by mike_t_norris
Mon Sep 07, 2020 8:06 pm
Forum: Fylde
Topic: Fylde Area Group (August 2020)
Replies: 0
Views: 1432

Fylde Area Group (August 2020)

Thursday 13th August we arranged a meeting via Zoom for the group. As Karl was scheduled to hold a visit to his layout on our original calendar, it was appropriate that he gave us a presentation on the work he has carried out so far. It looks like he is making very good progress on his Kentside proj...
by mike_t_norris
Wed Aug 05, 2020 10:52 am
Forum: Fylde
Topic: Fylde Area Group (July 2020)
Replies: 0
Views: 1525

Fylde Area Group (July 2020)

Thursday 23rd July we arranged a meeting via Zoom for the group, a suggestion from Peter Sutherland. This arrangement would also prove if this was a viable means of staying in touch over the coming months. The good news it that is that it was a success with 9 members present and apologies from 2 oth...
by mike_t_norris
Sat May 30, 2020 4:49 pm
Forum: Fylde
Topic: Fylde Area Group (Lockdown Update May 2020)
Replies: 4
Views: 2062

Re: Fylde Area Group (Lockdown Update May 2020)

Hello Mark, Thanks for you update, unfortunately I too have a stash of too much stuff! The LYR coach did take some building especially all the small bits of wire on the sides. Hello Richard, Good to hear from you, please feel free to post on this thread after all it is for the group and not just for...
by mike_t_norris
Tue May 26, 2020 10:29 am
Forum: Fylde
Topic: Fylde Area Group (Lockdown Update May 2020)
Replies: 4
Views: 2062

Fylde Area Group (Lockdown Update May 2020)

As there has been little change to the state of things currently, I have started a new reply in lieu of our May meeting and under regular circumstances last week would have been our normal May meeting, and this year we had planned for three 'At homes' over the Summer period. Following discussion wit...
by mike_t_norris
Sat Apr 04, 2020 1:53 pm
Forum: Fylde
Topic: Fylde Area Group (March 2020)
Replies: 5
Views: 2110

Re: Fylde Area Group (March 2020)

I had a mail from Chris Penlenton asking about the origin of the Princess, so here are a few details. It started quite a few years back after seeing John Holden (of Lime Street fame) taking one of the later Hornby bodies and grafting it on to a Comet chassis, so having started the Comet chassis and ...
by mike_t_norris
Sat Mar 28, 2020 3:02 pm
Forum: Fylde
Topic: Fylde Area Group (March 2020)
Replies: 5
Views: 2110

Re: Fylde Area Group (March 2020)

Thank you - very kind comments - still think it needs a bit of weathering, especially after travelling to Preston from Euston.
Now have to build another one, this time a long firebox version!
by mike_t_norris
Thu Mar 26, 2020 4:47 pm
Forum: Fylde
Topic: Fylde Area Group (March 2020)
Replies: 5
Views: 2110

Fylde Area Group (March 2020)

A small group of intrepid modellers met on the 19th March, for what appears to be the last meeting for some time. There were 5 members present and apologies from three. Amongst those present was a new member Geoff Mather, who is just rekindling a desire to build his railway following retirement. Alt...
by mike_t_norris
Tue Mar 10, 2020 7:47 pm
Forum: Fylde
Topic: Fylde Area Group (February 2020)
Replies: 0
Views: 1809

Fylde Area Group (February 2020)

The 13th February saw a strong turnout, with 8 members present and apologies from two. Unfortunately the meeting was somewhat subdued due to the loss of a long standing member of the group Peter Gibb, and the arrangements to attend the funeral being the foremost discussion. Peter had very rarely mis...
by mike_t_norris
Wed Feb 05, 2020 8:44 pm
Forum: Fylde
Topic: Fylde Area Group (January 2020)
Replies: 1
Views: 984

Re: Fylde Area Group (January 2020)

SAD NEWS - Peter Gibb I am sorry to report that the Society and the Area Group has lost one of its long term members, Peter Gibb died peacefully yesterday (Tuesday) evening. He had been in a home for some weeks and had been unable to attend the last few meetings, on the 30th January I was informed h...
by mike_t_norris
Tue Feb 04, 2020 9:29 pm
Forum: Fylde
Topic: Fylde Area Group (January 2020)
Replies: 1
Views: 984

Fylde Area Group (January 2020)

The 16th January saw our usual Run & Natter meeting with 7 members present and apologies from two. The usual general and wide discussions ensued with updates on the health of some of our longer serving members. Peter Gibb has unfortunately had to moving into a home as he was becoming too much of...
by mike_t_norris
Sat Dec 21, 2019 3:52 pm
Forum: Fylde
Topic: Fylde Area Group (December 2019)
Replies: 0
Views: 1928

Fylde Area Group (December 2019)

The 5th December saw a good turnout of 11 members and friends and apologies from four. Yours truly provided a photographic presentation of my visits to various locations over the course of the year. This was followed by the usual delicious hotpot with ample ‘seconds’ followed by apple pie and cream,...
by mike_t_norris
Wed Nov 27, 2019 6:52 pm
Forum: Fylde
Topic: Fylde Area Group (November 2019)
Replies: 0
Views: 1829

Fylde Area Group (November 2019)

The 21st November meeting was attended by seven members, with apologies from two. The usual mix of topics were discussed along with the health conditions of some members who unfortunately can no longer attend, none of us are getting any younger and time is taking its toll. We are trying to maintain ...
by mike_t_norris
Tue Nov 12, 2019 1:20 pm
Forum: Fylde
Topic: Fylde Area Group (October 2019)
Replies: 0
Views: 1797

Fylde Area Group (October 2019)

The October meeting was a combined meeting between the Craven and Ribble EM Gauge group and the Fylde Scalefour Group. The Fylde Group had 8 members in attendance. Once again another fine meeting, two layouts were in attendance Therescore Vale by Nigel Hopwood and Culm presented by Dai Davies. There...
by mike_t_norris
Mon Oct 07, 2019 1:54 pm
Forum: Fylde
Topic: Fylde Area Group (September 2019)
Replies: 0
Views: 1730

Fylde Area Group (September 2019)

Following our summer recess, the group met on the 19th September, with 9 members present and one apology. This was a good turnout in readiness for the start of the modelling season. The usual mix of topics was discussed including planning for the visit to Aylesbury and the Scaleforum. Richard brough...
by mike_t_norris
Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:53 pm
Forum: Fylde
Topic: Fylde Area Group (May 2019)
Replies: 0
Views: 2002

Fylde Area Group (May 2019)

The 16th May saw six members in attendance, with apologies from three. A number of items were brought along to run and there are some photos to follow showing what was there. The evening was the usual mix of topics and banter, with some useful discussions particularly on my favourite topic of wheel ...
by mike_t_norris
Thu May 09, 2019 8:38 pm
Forum: Fylde
Topic: Fylde Area Group (April 2019)
Replies: 0
Views: 1334

Fylde Area Group (April 2019)

The 11th April saw eight members present and apologies from two. It was a quiet evening with the usual number of general discussions on various aspects. Although I did get a change to run my Crab which had a derailment problem on one of the circuits, where there was a poor rail joint followed by a d...
by mike_t_norris
Tue Apr 09, 2019 10:29 am
Forum: Fylde
Topic: Fylde Area Group (March 2019)
Replies: 0
Views: 1154

Fylde Area Group (March 2019)

The 21st of March was quite an eventful day, firstly thanks to Richard Dunning and Tony Williams we had an invitation to Dean Hall the home of Manchester Model Railway Society, to view and run on Slattocks their S4 layout. The Nottingham Area Group was also included in the invite, so it was a very g...
by mike_t_norris
Mon Mar 11, 2019 8:33 pm
Forum: Fylde
Topic: Fylde Area Group (February 2019)
Replies: 0
Views: 1145

Fylde Area Group (February 2019)

The 21st February saw another good turnout with 10 members present and apologies from two. We had the usual mix of general discussion along with a few items brought along to run, David Beale brought along an exquisite Hull & Barnsley four plan wagon complete with individual wooden planks, rivets...
by mike_t_norris
Thu Feb 14, 2019 6:45 pm
Forum: Fylde
Topic: Fylde Area Group (January 2019)
Replies: 0
Views: 1167

Fylde Area Group (January 2019)

We had a good turnout for our first meeting of the New Year with 9 members present and apologies from two. It was the usual mix of discussions, covering what had arrived over Christmas, including a Pentroller which need a bit of persuasion to get working. I had my new ‘A’ class and a small mixed tra...
by mike_t_norris
Tue Dec 18, 2018 7:06 pm
Forum: Fylde
Topic: Fylde Area Group (December 2018)
Replies: 0
Views: 1218

Fylde Area Group (December 2018)

The 6th December saw a very good turnout of 14 members and friends and apologies from six. Yours truly provided a photographic presentation of my visits to various locations, including several signal boxes over the year and included a visit and trip on Mail Rail and the Postal Museum. This was follo...

Go to advanced search