Search found 142 matches

by mike_t_norris
Tue Nov 12, 2019 1:20 pm
Forum: Fylde
Topic: Fylde Area Group (October 2019)
Replies: 0
Views: 118

Fylde Area Group (October 2019)

The October meeting was a combined meeting between the Craven and Ribble EM Gauge group and the Fylde Scalefour Group. The Fylde Group had 8 members in attendance. Once again another fine meeting, two layouts were in attendance Therescore Vale by Nigel Hopwood and Culm presented by Dai Davies. There...
by mike_t_norris
Mon Oct 07, 2019 1:54 pm
Forum: Fylde
Topic: Fylde Area Group (September 2019)
Replies: 0
Views: 627

Fylde Area Group (September 2019)

Following our summer recess, the group met on the 19th September, with 9 members present and one apology. This was a good turnout in readiness for the start of the modelling season. The usual mix of topics was discussed including planning for the visit to Aylesbury and the Scaleforum. Richard brough...
by mike_t_norris
Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:53 pm
Forum: Fylde
Topic: Fylde Area Group (May 2019)
Replies: 0
Views: 1283

Fylde Area Group (May 2019)

The 16th May saw six members in attendance, with apologies from three. A number of items were brought along to run and there are some photos to follow showing what was there. The evening was the usual mix of topics and banter, with some useful discussions particularly on my favourite topic of wheel ...
by mike_t_norris
Thu May 09, 2019 8:38 pm
Forum: Fylde
Topic: Fylde Area Group (April 2019)
Replies: 0
Views: 885

Fylde Area Group (April 2019)

The 11th April saw eight members present and apologies from two. It was a quiet evening with the usual number of general discussions on various aspects. Although I did get a change to run my Crab which had a derailment problem on one of the circuits, where there was a poor rail joint followed by a d...
by mike_t_norris
Tue Apr 09, 2019 10:29 am
Forum: Fylde
Topic: Fylde Area Group (March 2019)
Replies: 0
Views: 703

Fylde Area Group (March 2019)

The 21st of March was quite an eventful day, firstly thanks to Richard Dunning and Tony Williams we had an invitation to Dean Hall the home of Manchester Model Railway Society, to view and run on Slattocks their S4 layout. The Nottingham Area Group was also included in the invite, so it was a very g...
by mike_t_norris
Mon Mar 11, 2019 8:33 pm
Forum: Fylde
Topic: Fylde Area Group (February 2019)
Replies: 0
Views: 690

Fylde Area Group (February 2019)

The 21st February saw another good turnout with 10 members present and apologies from two. We had the usual mix of general discussion along with a few items brought along to run, David Beale brought along an exquisite Hull & Barnsley four plan wagon complete with individual wooden planks, rivets...
by mike_t_norris
Thu Feb 14, 2019 6:45 pm
Forum: Fylde
Topic: Fylde Area Group (January 2019)
Replies: 0
Views: 693

Fylde Area Group (January 2019)

We had a good turnout for our first meeting of the New Year with 9 members present and apologies from two. It was the usual mix of discussions, covering what had arrived over Christmas, including a Pentroller which need a bit of persuasion to get working. I had my new ‘A’ class and a small mixed tra...
by mike_t_norris
Tue Dec 18, 2018 7:06 pm
Forum: Fylde
Topic: Fylde Area Group (December 2018)
Replies: 0
Views: 755

Fylde Area Group (December 2018)

The 6th December saw a very good turnout of 14 members and friends and apologies from six. Yours truly provided a photographic presentation of my visits to various locations, including several signal boxes over the year and included a visit and trip on Mail Rail and the Postal Museum. This was follo...
by mike_t_norris
Thu Nov 29, 2018 6:35 pm
Forum: Fylde
Topic: Fylde Area Group (November 2018)
Replies: 0
Views: 809

Fylde Area Group (November 2018)

The 15th November saw seven members present and apologies from one. Several items were brought along including a number of commissions from Karl; some of which were EM gauge; these included a LMS 2-6-0 (Flying pig), Brassmasters conversion with Bachman body along with a sample of two LNER tourist co...
by mike_t_norris
Tue Nov 20, 2018 7:03 pm
Forum: Fylde
Topic: Fylde Area Group (October 2018)
Replies: 4
Views: 1076

Re: Fylde Area Group (October 2018)

Dear James, Sorry for the delay getting back to you, it's been a busy few weeks with one thing and another! I am surprised you managed to work out what it was from the photo, but basically it is a development of the article by Geoff Helliwell in SN 209 p.9 and maybe once I have progressed things to ...
by mike_t_norris
Tue Nov 13, 2018 10:30 am
Forum: Fylde
Topic: Fylde Area Group (October 2018)
Replies: 4
Views: 1076

Re: Fylde Area Group (October 2018)

Hello Lindsay, The viaduct is Glen Mooar Viaduct, on the Manx Railway, which I think is on the stretch from Peel to Ramsey. The display was built by Alan Catlow who works and has written a number of articles on modelling Manx Railways, unfortunately he was ill on the day so sent it via a deputy. The...
by mike_t_norris
Mon Nov 12, 2018 1:58 pm
Forum: Fylde
Topic: Fylde Area Group (October 2018)
Replies: 4
Views: 1076

Fylde Area Group (October 2018)

The October meeting was a combined meeting between the Craven and Ribble EM Gauge group and the Fylde Scalefour Group. The Fylde Group had 6 members in attendance. Again a fine mix of topics, along with a couple of layouts, which were The Mill and Threescore Vale. The demonstrations including Signal...
by mike_t_norris
Wed Oct 03, 2018 8:54 pm
Forum: Fylde
Topic: Fylde Area Group (September 2018)
Replies: 0
Views: 1063

Fylde Area Group (September 2018)

On the 20th September the group met following our summer recess, with 6 members present and apologies from 4. During the recess another local member expressed an interest to join the group, so we welcomed Graham Hoyle to the meeting, he brought along a loco which was not performing as well as he had...
by mike_t_norris
Wed Jul 11, 2018 7:05 pm
Forum: Fylde
Topic: Fylde Area Group (June 2018)
Replies: 0
Views: 1370

Fylde Area Group (June 2018)

On the 28th June the group met at Anthony Miller’s, Lowton St. May’s layout. Unfortunately due to several issues over the year Tony has not had much time to progress the layout since our visit last year; hopefully now things have settled down he can continue to work on the layout. There were 12 memb...
by mike_t_norris
Fri Jun 29, 2018 3:32 pm
Forum: Fylde
Topic: Fylde Area Group (May 2018)
Replies: 4
Views: 1187

Re: Fylde Area Group (May 2018)

Hello Philip and Colin, Philip - sorry you are right, I made some notes about the visitors that evening but got failed to note it correctly. Colin - yes you are also correct, it is Preston, quite how the Great Western got that far I don't know! The stretcher bar need to be that robust for this layou...
by mike_t_norris
Thu Jun 28, 2018 1:18 pm
Forum: Fylde
Topic: Fylde Area Group (May 2018)
Replies: 4
Views: 1187

Re: Fylde Area Group (May 2018)

Sorry that should say:

Our next meeting is at Anthony Miller’s, Lowton St. Mary layout, on the 28th JUNE, members should have received an invitation directly from Anthony.

June not July.
by mike_t_norris
Tue Jun 26, 2018 12:58 pm
Forum: Fylde
Topic: Fylde Area Group (May 2018)
Replies: 4
Views: 1187

Fylde Area Group (May 2018)

The 24th May saw the group meet with five members present and apologies from four. Peter Sutherland brought along his Duke built from a Finney kit, with an analogue sound system which seemed to have a mind of its own, but came out with some reasonable effects. It included the usual fully working ins...
by mike_t_norris
Mon May 07, 2018 6:30 pm
Forum: Fylde
Topic: Fylde Area Group (April 2018)
Replies: 3
Views: 1287

Fylde Area Group (April 2018)

The 19th April saw the group meet with seven members present and apologies from four. On the whole a fairly quiet evening, with little to report save for the fact that I had purchased a number of local signal box diagrams, which are now adoring the railway room. Below are posted some photographs fro...
by mike_t_norris
Wed Apr 11, 2018 1:05 pm
Forum: Fylde
Topic: Fylde Area Group (March 2018)
Replies: 0
Views: 728

Fylde Area Group (March 2018)

The 15th march saw the group meet with a strong attendance of 11 members and friends, and apologies from one. A number of interesting topics were discussed; include some seriously off topic but interesting all the same. One of our members, Terry Beddoes is a veteran of the Falklands conflict and vis...
by mike_t_norris
Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:38 pm
Forum: Fylde
Topic: Fylde Area Group (February 2018)
Replies: 0
Views: 574

Fylde Area Group (February 2018)

The 15th February saw the group meeting, with seven members present and apologies from three. As usual it was a general chat, with many topics under discussion, Richard brought along his Standard 3 tank, build from a heavily modified and stretched Triang body. The chassis I think was a Kemilway (but...
by mike_t_norris
Fri Feb 02, 2018 7:43 pm
Forum: Fylde
Topic: Fylde Area Group (January 2018)
Replies: 0
Views: 524

Fylde Area Group (January 2018)

The 18th of January meeting had a good turnout of 9 members with apologies from four others. It was a general chit-chat and as usual much was discussed, a couple of trial running’s occurred and hopefully next time might see the finished products, so it’s a brief report this time. The next meeting is...
by mike_t_norris
Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:33 pm
Forum: Fylde
Topic: Fylde Area Group (December 2017)
Replies: 0
Views: 610

Fylde Area Group (December 2017)

The 7th December saw a very good turnout of 15 members and friends and apologies from two. Yours truly provided a photographic presentation of my visits to various locations, including several signal boxes over the year, but instead of the usual December to December, I had to extend it from November...
by mike_t_norris
Mon Nov 27, 2017 3:50 pm
Forum: Fylde
Topic: Fylde Area Group (November 2017)
Replies: 0
Views: 605

Fylde Area Group (November 2017)

On the 17th November we held our usual meeting with six members present and apologies from five. Amongst the apologies was one from Peter Sutherland who was waiting for admission to hospital for a by-pass operation, which unfortunately developed into a serious condition resulting him being rushed in...
by mike_t_norris
Mon Nov 06, 2017 4:19 pm
Forum: Fylde
Topic: Fylde Area Group (October 2017)
Replies: 0
Views: 583

Fylde Area Group (October 2017)

The October meeting was a combined meeting between the Craven and Ribble EM Gauge group and the Fylde Scalefour Group. It was quite diverse but interesting meeting with trams and live steam represented, signalling with the L&Y Society signalling steward, Three Score Vale and layout on and an Iro...
by mike_t_norris
Wed Sep 20, 2017 3:37 pm
Forum: Fylde
Topic: Fylde Area Group (September 2017)
Replies: 0
Views: 684

Fylde Area Group (September 2017)

September was a rather poorly attended meeting with only four members present and apologies from three. This meant that conveying details for the October meeting, the Expo-Bowland event could not be finalised on the night, and has involved a series of emails to establish who will be able to attend o...

Go to advanced search