Buck Jumping on Mass

zebedeesknees

Re: Buck Jumping on Mass

Postby zebedeesknees » Tue Mar 05, 2024 10:53 am

My cataract removal experience was excellent except.... I had superb close-up vision with a resolution in excess of 14 lines per mm compared with 'normal' sight which is 8 lines. I asked Moorfields to let me retain the -3.5 that I enjoyed for both job and hobby, and I was asked to sign a form to that effect. I signed, but it didn't happen, so I now have near normal sight, -0.7 and can pass the driving vision test without specs, but have to wear magnifiers for close-up. I am not sure that Moorfields have the sort of replacement lenses that I desired!

Ted.
(A purists' purist)

Philip Hall

Postby Philip Hall » Tue Mar 05, 2024 11:21 am

My consultant asked me what I would like, having worn glasses since the age of seven. I would just take the glasses off for really close up work. So I went for general and distance vision, no glasses all the time, which was great, and reading glasses for the rest. I now have two pairs of close up glasses, reading and a special slightly closer focus pair for the workbench, on top of those I use +2.5 or + 1.5 on top like the clockmaker on the Repair Shop.

And I thought I would have fewer pairs of glasses!

Philip

Le Corbusier

Postby Le Corbusier » Tue Mar 05, 2024 11:41 am

..... and best wishes from me too :thumb
Tim Lee

Will L

Postby Will L » Tue Mar 05, 2024 3:50 pm

zebedeesknees wrote:My cataract removal experience was excellent except.... I had superb close-up vision with a resolution in excess of 14 lines per mm compared with 'normal' sight which is 8 lines. I asked Moorfields to let me retain the -3.5 that I enjoyed for both job and hobby, and I was asked to sign a form to that effect. I signed, but it didn't happen, so I now have near normal sight, -0.7 and can pass the driving vision test without specs, but have to wear magnifiers for close-up. I am not sure that Moorfields have the sort of replacement lenses that I desired!

You would have thought Moorfields would have known what they were doing. I gather you can only get a basic lens replacement on the NHS while with private treatment they can do all sorts of cleaver things. I stuck with the NHS, and as I am also astigmatic I still use all day varifocals.

Will L

Postby Will L » Mon Mar 11, 2024 1:14 pm

A quick note on service. In getting started on the Buckjumper J69 plumbing I found I had somehow mislayed the lost wax castings of the various buffer beam pipes. While I have white metal alternatives and I've even made my own now and again, but I really like the lost wax variety that originally came with the kit mumble mumble years ago. Better than I would produce and a lot less fragile than white, metal. A quick email to London Road Models asking if they could supply replacements, received near instant attention. This was Thursday evening. Today (Monday) they arrived on my door mat. This is just excellent service and well worth acknowledging.

So Thanks again John Redrup and London Road Models

Thornbush

Postby Thornbush » Tue Mar 12, 2024 9:33 am

I agree, the service from John at LRM is second to none.

Chas Levin

Postby Chas Levin » Tue Mar 12, 2024 9:54 am

Thornbush wrote:I agree, the service from John at LRM is second to none.

Agreed here too, and the products are top notch too, also a consideration!
Chas

Return to “Will L”