Wagon Wish List

Information on sources for hard to find or unusual items.
garethevans1986

Re: Wagon Wish List

Postby garethevans1986 » Thu Jan 19, 2023 10:41 pm

Richard Oldfield wrote:I would also like to see a better Presflo.

Thats one on my list too.
Gareth O. Evans
IT Consultant/Director of Web46 IT Solutions
Croes Newydd Yard

Diesel Crank

Hardwicke

Postby Hardwicke » Fri Jun 16, 2023 7:02 pm

One wagon conspicuous by it's abscense is the Butterley Patent steel mineral wagon. Running from the 1930's through to the 1960's it has the opportunity for lots of liveries. Unfortunately I've only seen a drawing of the underframe. There are quite a few photos of the body though and one still exists albeit with replacement wooden sides and ends.
Ordsall Road (BR(E)), Forge Mill Sidings (BR(M)), Kirkcliffe Coking Plant (BR(E)), Swanage (BR (S)) and Heaby (LMS/MR). Acquired Thorneywood (GNR). Still trying to "Keep the Balance".

Hardwicke

Postby Hardwicke » Fri Jun 16, 2023 7:09 pm

Highpeak wrote:I have been discussing the commission of an LMS roadstone wagon with Justin ...
These wagons were fairly common in the Peak District According to one of the Foxline books dealing with the Peak District one traffic flow was to East Anglia where the customer was the sugar beet industry.

They also ran to Mansfield, though I'm unsure of the traffic flow. Mansfield had a large number of sand quarries, mostly rail connected so they might have been used for that and also limestone just a little further North around Whitwell. I don't know if they were used on the LMS limestone traffic from there before BR introduced the Conflat L.
Mention of Sugar Beet, they probably ran to Newark via Southwell or Nottingham.
Ordsall Road (BR(E)), Forge Mill Sidings (BR(M)), Kirkcliffe Coking Plant (BR(E)), Swanage (BR (S)) and Heaby (LMS/MR). Acquired Thorneywood (GNR). Still trying to "Keep the Balance".

Return to “Where to Find?”