First turnout built!

Discuss the prototype and how to model it.
Ian_Holmes

First turnout built!

Postby Ian_Holmes » Mon Jun 08, 2009 1:52 am

I don't really want to bore you all with a self congratulatory posting about how I successfully completed to construction of my first P4 turnout . But I've been feeling pretty pleased with myself all day. So here it is...
p4_pt_01.jpg

It's a P4 track Co. A6R and I'm really surprised how easy it was. In all honesty it was no more difficult than assembling a wagon kit. Yes, the chairs are a bit fiddly but once I got the knack of threading them on to the rail while they were still on the sprue it was plain sailing.
I really did enjoy putting it together and my confidence grew with every stage.
You can read more about it on my blog http://4mmscaleagonies.blogspot.com/200 ... point.html

Ian
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Jan

Re: First turnout built!

Postby Jan » Mon Jun 08, 2009 8:37 am

Hi Ian,

Well Done! It's a slippery slope, you know..... Now it's just a matter of selecting the point operation method. Be warned... this minefield is NOT signposted! :)

Cheers

Jan

grovenor-2685
Forum Team

Postby grovenor-2685 » Mon Jun 08, 2009 1:13 pm

Not signposted perhaps, but plenty of help available, some relevant topics on here already, don't be afraid to ask. And Ian, I'll add my congrats to Jan's. The first one is always the hurdle to get past and you are nicely over it.
Regards
Regards
Keith
Grovenor Sidings

Terry Bendall
Forum Team

Postby Terry Bendall » Mon Jun 08, 2009 1:49 pm

Hi Ian

Well done. As you say no more difficult really than building a plastic kit - and in fact easier than some of these. When I built my first kit I spent almost as much time looking for the correct chair on the sprues than in putting the thing together. Now that I have done several, I know what the system is and where to look.

Now, get the rest of the layout finished and I can then invite you to bring it to Scaleforum! 2010 suit you! :D

Terry Bendall

Jim Summers

Postby Jim Summers » Mon Jun 08, 2009 8:23 pm

Ian,
Great to see that you did it. Do make sure you let us see where it all leads to in due course and how you get there.

Jim

Return to “Track and Turnouts”