Proto:87 Stores

For new product announcements, recommendations, reviews and sourcing. Must be relevant to society members.
zebedeesknees

Proto:87 Stores

Postby zebedeesknees » Wed Jan 04, 2023 9:52 pm

Andy's website doesn't work for me in Firefox. Has anyone had success recently?

Ted.
(A purists' purist)

Highpeak

Re: Proto:87 Stores

Postby Highpeak » Wed Jan 04, 2023 9:59 pm

In the sense that entering the url leads you to an active web page, it works in Google Chrome.

In the sense that anything of use happens when you click on links within the site, then it is not working. Behaviour is the same in Microsoft Edge.
Neville
If at first you don't succeed, try reading the instructions.

grovenor-2685
Forum Team

Postby grovenor-2685 » Wed Jan 04, 2023 10:05 pm

As of now I'm getting a home page that must be new, I've not seen it before, all blue and highlighted menu items are practically invisible. When you click on one the new page opens below the list so you have to scroll down half a mile to find it. Then the colour scheme makes it all difficult to read.
So its sort of working but its awful. Anything you want to read you have to highlight it.
https://www.proto87.com/
From the 'news' page,
New website layout
Menus and pages on the website have been reorganized into what we hope is a better and more understandable structure. A modified look for the pages themselves will be rolled out gradually over the next few weeks. Love it? Hate it? Suggestions or comments on the new web design are appreciated and welcome.

My bold red. :)
Regards
Keith
Grovenor Sidings

Martin Wynne

Postby Martin Wynne » Thu Jan 05, 2023 12:38 pm

zebedeesknees wrote:Andy's website doesn't work for me in Firefox. Has anyone had success recently?

Ted.

It is trying to load insecure content into a secure page.

In Firefox, you can make it at least readable and usable by clicking the padlock icon:

proto87_site_fail1.png

Then click Connection not secure > Disable protection for now

The original web site will then be visible. Be wary of entering any card details unless via PayPal.

Similar settings can be changed in other browsers.

Andy, as a first fix you need to change all these occurrences of http: to https:

proto87_site_fail.png

Martin.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
40+ years developing Templot. Enjoy using Templot? Join Templot Club. Be a Templot supporter.

zebedeesknees

Postby zebedeesknees » Thu Jan 05, 2023 1:37 pm

Many thanks Martin, that worked!
Not that I could find what I wanted on the site though, being the P87 wheels with bushes for 1mm axles that I have too few of, having bought them from Railflyer (rip) some time ago.
These used also to be available from NWSL I believe, but their service seems to have deteriorated since the U.S postal operation has become ridiculously expensive for a few small items.
My reason is that P87 wheels work perfectly well on S4 track, and are (were) available in sizes that S4 wheels are not.
Now that some very small coreless motors are available from China that suit 1S Li-Po battery power, I made up an axle-hung drive that is even smaller than my efforts on the CLAG site, and didn't want to have to bush the wheels after using 1mm pinpoint axles and 3mm od ball races.

This design uses an 8 x 4mm motor, a couple of brass tubes and a Lawton 7mm pulley with a tightly fitted soft belt. The motor shaft presses on the belt giving a friction drive of about 10 reductions. The wheels are 0.475" solid n/s, with 2mm axle holes bushed to fit 1mm axles.

DSCF0002 (20).JPG

Ted.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
(A purists' purist)

Stephan.wintner

Postby Stephan.wintner » Thu Jan 05, 2023 3:07 pm

Very nice Ted, you're giving me ideas.

Stephan

Trevor Grout

Postby Trevor Grout » Fri Jan 06, 2023 12:35 am

oh my gosh, everything is getting much smaller. :shock:

John Donnelly
Web Team

Postby John Donnelly » Fri Jan 06, 2023 10:32 am

This was posted in the Guest Book forum a couple of days ago about the site:

viewtopic.php?f=37&t=8441

Hardwicke

Postby Hardwicke » Sat Jan 07, 2023 9:06 pm

zebedeesknees wrote:Andy's website doesn't work for me in Firefox. Has anyone had success recently?

Ted.

I can get into it but oh dear, black letters on a dark blue background....
Unreadable.
Ordsall Road (BR(E)), Forge Mill Sidings (BR(M)), Kirkcliffe Coking Plant (BR(E)), Swanage (BR (S)) and Heaby (LMS/MR). Acquired Thorneywood (GNR). Still trying to "Keep the Balance".

grovenor-2685
Forum Team

Postby grovenor-2685 » Sun Jan 08, 2023 12:22 am

Regards
Keith
Grovenor Sidings

Return to “Product Information”